Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a treatment which is specific to each patient. Blood is simply drawn from the patient and then processed to separate platelets from the other parts of the blood. After the treatment is finished, the patient’s platelets are then topically applied to the treatment area.
Since the platelets are taken directly from each patient the body immediately accepts them as a beneficial healing agent when they are topically applied. PRP becomes even more powerful when combined with microneedling, since the tiny pinholes allow the platelets to penetrate even deeper into the skin.
1. Improve the damage caused by many different types of skin imperfections including acne scars, sun spots, melisma, stretch marks and wrinkles.
2. Non-invasive and does not use surgery, injections, or harsh lasers.
3. Short recovery time with minimal downtime. Stay out of the sun and do not wear makeup for 24 hours. Patients describe their skin feels tight and slightly warm after the treatment and they return to work later that day. Redness and tightness subside within 24-48 hours.
4. Microneedling with PRP jump-starts the body’s healing response. It’s this reaction that causes new collagen to form which improves damage from skin imperfections such as acne scars, wrinkles and sun spots.
5. A topical numbing agent is used in the treatment areas. Since microneedleing only penetrates the top layer of skin, there are very few sensory nerves to trigger pain. It’s overall a very comfortable and relaxing experience.
6. Since Microneedling with PRP delivers long lasting benefits, the results are permanent unless new scars are formed or the patient continues to be exposed to the sun without protection.